A couple of legislators are heading an effort to make sure Oklahoma’s high school students know the basics of U.S. government by promoting civics. The Civics Education Initiative would like to see schools test students with the same test immigrants to the U.S. are required to take before becoming citizens. Read more.
- Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts Signs American Civics Education Bill
- The Last Word: Can you pass test Kruse wants to require of high schoolers?
- Civics Education Bills Are on Legislative Agendas in Seven States
- Civics Education Helps Create Young Voters and Activists
- NSMS highlights social studies requirements